Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Welcome Parker Stephen Schofield!



On Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 1:31 am, Parker Stephen Schofield was born weighing 5 pounds 12.5 ounces and measuring 18.5 inches long. I went into the hospital on Friday night with contractions after passing a small blood clot. The doctors weren't too concerned about those things, but Parker's heart rate started showing some negative variabilities. (It would drop during contractions). Around 1am, Parker's heart rate continued to drop very low over and over again (three times total I think) so the doctors decided it was time to rush me to the OR for a "Crash c-section". (Crash means super emergency, get the baby out as fast as possible). It was a very scary experience, but Parker came out screaming!

After the first signs of abruption at 25 weeks, Parker was born at 34 weeks and 3 days! He is beautiful and wonderful!

He is currently in the Special Care Nursery (NICU) where it is anticipated he will remain for approximately a week to a week and a half. I am currently nursing him every three hours (tonight Ryan is going to let me sleep through one and offer Parker a bottle). He is not on any respiratory support, had his IV removed yesterday, and in my opinion, looks just like me.

Jackson met Parker today for the first time. He looked at me, looked at Parker (who I was holding), looked at me again, and then started to cry. Once Ryan took Parker and I took Jackson, Jackson cuddled into my neck, stopped crying, and "hugged me". Then, he started interacting with Parker by playing with his arm and hand and trying to take Parker's hat off. Parker kept looking at Jackson with eyes wide open and followed Jackson's movements. Overall, it was a beautiful experience.

I am completely in love with my two little men, my wonderful husband, my amazing six cats, and my two cat angels.

With lots of love tonight,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment