Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

I Love Baby Einsten!!

Life at home with Jackson is so wonderful and easy. Granted, he has decided that he doesn't like to sleep at night and would instead prefer to stay up in Mommy's arms, but other than that, it's a piece of cake. We've started to finally get settled into the life of having a baby, and I think we're doing a pretty good job of it if I do say so myself.

Yesterday, Jackson went to his first ENT office visit, and the ENT talked about how impressed he is with Jackson's progress. He said that the majority of babies of he sees with vocal cord paralysis go home on feeding tubes and really struggle to feed safely. Jackson is home, before his due date, taking 8 bottles a day like a champ! He said that that was a very good sign. We'll go back to see him in two months for another check-up. :)

Today, we went to Target to pick up our pictures from last week. They look so amazing! I'm so happy with how they turned out. We also picked up some new hats for Jackson and Kohls and a new shirt for me! Because of my overactive thyroid, I've lost so much weight that I"m not thinner than I was before I had Jackson. So, none of my clothes fit! I'm trying to make due with my clothes from before, but everything seems to swallow me whole or be too big in some sections. I'm not going to lie... I feel like I look like a hobo sometimes. But, from what I understand, what new mom doesn't? :)

I'm super excited about my friend Idarah's baby shower tomorrow. Her son Kaden was Jackson's neighbor in the NICU. He was born in June at 23 weeks and 6 days. He is such a cutie and is the toughest little guy in the world. I'm in awe of his parents who keep their chin up throughout this tough journey and always keep their faith. I often looked to Idarah for inspiration while we were in the NICU with Jackson. I'm so excited to be joining her and her family to celebrate the 2nd cutest baby in the whole world tomorrow (Jackson, of course, is the cutest). :)

In other news, Jackson LOVES Baby Einstein. I let him watch one episode a day, and he seems to be mesmorized by the TV! There is a little puppet yellow jacket on the screen that makes cooing noises and Jackson loves it!! :) It is adorable to watch him watching the TV with such enjoyment, making little noises, and smiling. It's so hard to tear myself away from it to go do laundry, brush my teeth, or even just sit in the room quietly by myself for 30 seconds. :)

Life here is wonderful. I can't even begin to thank each of you diligent readers enough for your thoughts and prayers throughout this tough journey. I am so thankful to be home, and yet, my heart goes out to all of the families still in the NICU, at Childrens, or stuck in HRP. I often wish there was more I could do for all of the families still stuck in the trenches, day in and day out thinking about O2 saturation, weight gain, or trophic feeds. It still doesn't seem quite real that my baby is safe, at home, and doing so well.

With love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment