Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Great Day!

Today was another great day! I think (fingers crossed) that Jackson has finally turned that corner that everyone kept telling us about. He is still on 2 1/2 liters on the high flow nasal cannula and staying on room air. The doctor wrote orders today that if he has another good night they'll turn him down to 2 liters tomorrow! I really think he's ready for 2 liters. He's been doing so great the last few days. I really hope it continues!

He did have one brady/apnea episode earlier. It has happened once a day for the last four days. It always happens between 2 and 3 pm and right after it he has a full diaper. The nurses are thinking he's dropping his heart rate and desating because he's bearing down and working on us a big "present". The doctors aren't concerned about it at all.

In other exciting news, Jackson is now four and a half pounds! Can you believe that?? He's such a big boy! Ryan and I were hoping to give him his bath tonight, but there was some miscommunication about when we'd be back from dinner to do it. Ryan and I went out to dinner with some of his work friends and we got back a little too late to do his bath. That's okay. He'll get another one in three days and we'll do it then!

The doctor told us today that he might be ready to take his first bottle this weekend! It all depends on if he can be successful weaning down to two liters, but if he is, we could start bottle feeding this weekend! I'm so excited!

I start my new job tomorrow night. I'm working from 6-8 pm. I'm a little nervous about going back to work and being away from Jackson. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm still nervous.

Current Stats:
Weight: 4 pounds 8 ounces!
Respiratory: High Flow Nasal Cannula 2 1/2 liters room air (21 percent oxygen). Will wean to 2 liters tomorrow morning if he has a good night!
Feeds: Full feeds, continuous, 11 cc per hour.

Goals:
1. Have a good night!
2. Successfully wean down to 2 liters tomorrow morning.
3. Keep on growing!
4. Continue successful non-nutritive sucking.

With love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment