Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What a big boy!

Great news! Jackson has gained more weight and he's now at 4 pounds 5.3 ounces! He's quite the little chunky monkey now! :)

Today has been a great day! He had one brady episode, but I believe it was because he was in such a deep sleep that he forgot to breathe and dropped his heart rate! (I was sitting there watching him.) Other than that, he's still at room air and sating high! He continually tried to pull his prongs out of his nose today and continued to keep his O2 saturation high despite not getting that much support! The nurse said that once he weans down to 2 liters he could come off the respiratory support any day! She said that they could wean him down to 1 liter or 1 1/2 liters or they could decide to just try him off the support and see how he does. I hope they continue to wean him down for awhile because the idea of my little man without any respiratory support is a little nervewracking for me!

In other news, I was offered a job today working part time at Tailgaters Alley! I'll start this Thursday night. Tailgaters Alley is a college sports gear store. They have various locations, and I'll be working at the location in Cumming. The chain is owned by Tech grads and is one of the few locations to buy Tech gear! I'm a little apprehensive about going to work with a) Jackson in the NICU and b) once Jackson comes home, but I know it's the right decision and Ryan and I will make it work. It's only going to be part time (15ish hours per week). I can handle that especially if it means we can make a better life for my little man and his furry brothers and sisters!

Current Stats:
Weight: 4 pounds 5.3 ounces
Respiratory: High Flow Nasal Cannula 2.5 liters, Room air (21 percent oxygen)
Feeds: Full feeds, continuous, 11 cc every hour.

Goals:
1. Continue to put on weight! Lets hit 4 1/2 pounds soon! :)
2. Continue to have successful non-nutritive sucking experiences.
3. Wean down to 2 liters. Stay on room air.
4. No more bradys or apnea episodes!
5. Reduce feed times from continuous back down to 1 1/2 hour. (The amount of time they feed him... the ultimate goal is to take his feeds over 30 minutes but because of the reflux we've had to go up to continuous).

With love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment