Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh no! Does Jackson have reflux?

Yesterday was a relatively uneventful day. The doctor tried to wean him down to 2 liters today on his respiratory support, but Jackson wasn't quite ready for that. So, the nurse weaned him from 3 liters to 2 1/2 liters and he seemed fine with that! One small step closer to that 2 mark!

Jackson had another tummy ache this past afternoon and apparently had a few more during the night. His night nurse thinks he might be starting to have trouble with reflux, so she is going to try to tilt his bed and maybe run his feeding over a longer period. She said that the doctor can prescribe reflux medicine for him, so I may ask the doctor about that later today.

Jackson made a mess of his clothes and blankets earlier so the nurse let me completely change his clothes and bedding all by myself! I did it like a pro, and Jackson seemed to tolerate it okay. I also got to get him in and out of bed by myself! :) (I'm a real Mommy now! lol)

In other news, Ryan left for his business trip. So far, I'm doing okay without him here although there was a bad storm tonight so I him during the night because I got scared. Other than that though, I'm doing okay! :) (I do miss him a bunch though).

Current Stats:
Weight: 3 pounds 15 ounces (so close to 4!)
Respiratory: 2 1/2 liters High Flow Nasal Cannula, between 29-32 percent oxygen
Feeds: Full Feeds (Increased to 29 cc every 3 hours!)

Goals:
1. Wean to 2 liters high flow and stay around 30 percent oxygen.
2. Move to a big boy crib (hopefully today!)
3. Reduce desats
4. Get this reflux under control
5. Continue gaining weight. Hit 4 pounds! :)

With love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment