Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bubble Five

Wonderful news everyone!! Jackson was weaned today to CPAP Bubble Five and he's already at room air! Last time the doctors weaned him it took two to three days for him to drop below 35 percent oxygen... and he's already at 21 percent!!! Who knows... maybe it'll be goodbye CPAP tomorrow!

In other news, Jackson hit 1500 grams!! (He's actually a little over 1500) which means that they will begin weaning him off the isolate soon! :)


Today, Ryan and I took our CPR class. I kept thinking the entire time "Please Lord, don't ever let me have to use this." It was really scary for me. I am usually the one to keep calm under pressure, but I know I would absolutely lose it if I ever had to use it on Jackson.

Ryan and I just finished making 4th of July cookies together to take to the NICU team tomorrow. I hope they like decorated cookies! :)

Jackson's Stats:
Weight: 3 pounds 7 ounces
Feeds: Full feeds every three hours (24 ccs)
Respiratory: CPAP Bubble 5, 21 percent oxygen (room air)

Goals:
Goodbye CPAP! Hello High-Flow Nasal Cannula (which means Hello Jackson's face!)
Begin weaning heat off isolate so we can move into a big boy crib (and with that comes clothes!)

Love to all! Enjoy the 4th of July tomorrow!

With love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment