Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

On The Mend

I would describe today as "on the mend" from vaccinations. In the morning, Jackson was still having minor brady-like episodes and desating. He only took half of his bottle before he had one of the minor brady-lites. Throughout the rest of the early afternoon, he kept struggling a bit. The doctor decided to move him from the wall-mounted respiratory support to an oxygen tank that sits next to his bed. This oxygen tank allows the flow to go from 2 liters to 1/64 of a liter. In the morning, Jackson had been on 1/2 liter on the wall. As soon as they moved him to the oxygen tank, he moved down to 1/64 of a liter and has been there ever since! He's been doing great on it, not had any episodes or desats since about four pm, and appears to be back to the pre-vaccination Jackson. :) We breastfeed at 5pm, and he transferred at least 10 cc! (The scale messed up so the nurse had to estimate!)

In other news, my OB called this morning to inform me that some of my blood work from the previous day had come back abnormal. My TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) came back very low. Normal is .45 and mine came back 0.018. This means that I have hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid). He is sending me to see an endocrinologist next week. I'm a little nervous about it (of course) but as long as they figure out what is wrong with me and make me feel better, I'm cool.

My in-laws fly in Friday at 3pm to stay until Monday. I'm super excited to see them and to see their reaction to Jackson! He's changed so much since they last saw him!

Current Stats:
Weight: 5 pounds 1 ounce
Respiratory: Low flow nasal cannula, oxygen tank, 1/64 liter.
Feeds: Full feeds (36 cc every three hours), One bottle, 18 cc. One breastfeeding, 10 cc.

Goals:
1. Continue to reduce desats and bradys.
2. Keep on gaining weight!
3. Take a full bottle.
4. Transfer more milk during breastfeeding.
5. Wean off respiratory support.

With love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment