Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm So Upset this will be short and sweet

Bad news all around:

Lots of desats and brady episodes.
Moved to High Flow Nasal Cannula 4 liters.
Switched to continuous feeds.
Put on the list to be moved to G pod (a more private room on the second floor... typically reserved for babies that are more long term that will be on the 2nd floor for a while and would benefit from the private setting)

Stats:
Weight: 4 pounds
Respiratory: High Flow Nasal Cannula 4 liters. Between 25-30 percent oxygen.
Feeds: Full feeds (29 cc) continuous.

I'm so devastated I can't even give a list of goals. I guess my goal is to just make it through the next few days and keep him as comfortable and happy as possible.

With love,
Anna

2 comments:

  1. I am Melanie's mom and have been following your blog daily. This morning I pray a special prayer that God strengthens Jackson today and comforts you especially at this difficult time. Hang in there and know that when times seem so dark it is then that there is only one set of footprints in the sand because God is carrying your family in His arms. Stay strong and give that little man a kiss from me.
    Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm still so amazed that people read my blog! Thank you so much for the wonderful words of encouragement and for the special prayers for Jackson. Footprints in the sand is one of my favorite poems, so having you remind me of it after such a rotten day was really special! Thanks again for the love and support! :)

    ReplyDelete