Preemie Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jackson's First Outfit!!!















Wonderful news!!! The nurse finally turned Jackson to air mode today and put on his first outfit! They officially began the weaning process today, and he is doing beautifully! Look how handsome my little man is!

On other news, since he has gained a bit more weight, the doctor adjusted his dose of caffeine. That seems to have helped with his bradys and apnea spells. :) The doctor said that Jackson should outgrow them in the next few weeks once his brain matures more.

Today, Ryan and I went down to visit a little later because I wasn't feeling well. I think I am just having an off day. I was exceptionally tired, had a sour stomach, and my jaw was especially sore. I took some medicine early in the morning and tried to sleep everything off. We went down to visit around 3:30 and stayed until 7:45. We also had dinner down there (a cookout hosted by the Parents for Preemies group at the hospital).

Other than that, things are about the same. Hannah seems to be doing significantly better. :)

Jackson's Stats:
Weight: 3 pounds 10.5 ounces
Respiratory: High Flow 4, 28-35 percent oxygen
Feeds: Full feeds (25 cc every three hours)

Goals:
1. Require less than 30 percent oxygen.
2. Continue weaning temperature support in isolator. Maintain body temperature.
3. No more bradys!

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment